About Me

My photo
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A Decade Minus One

A place where I never tried to fit in.
No matter how mismatched it was, the piece locked right in.
Locked right in and became a part of my story.

A place where I took a left,
No matter how not right it was, the path was beautiful.
Beautifully lined with trees, flowers and tiny raindrops carving my way out.

Ate like there was no tomorrow,
everywhere, everything.
crossed rivers, climbed hills,
long drives to nowhere, cheap thrills.
Danced on the tables of monkey bar,
Did the YMCA at hard rock,
Never missed Karaoke Thursdays,
the best parties were on workdays.
Driven out of pubs,
The uncertainty bringing joy.
Even stole a big guy's mc meal toy.

A place where i was taken seriously in pyjamas,
A place where i stumbled, fell, bruised myself.
Fell a million times and picked myself up.
A place where i danced, sang, colored,
sometimes to forgive, sometimes to forget.
Fast cars, music and shots,
magical evenings that just passed.
Giggles, Laughs, Tears in the Eyes,
Never even hid jealousy or fear tides.
Bawled like a baby,
Laughed like a toddler,
Threw tantrums like a teenager,
Been quiet like an adult.
Made promises, broke some,
made bonds, broke some,
loved, hated, been crazy.
sometimes there, sometimes just short,
there's a smile on my face, that says it all.