About Me

My photo
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Confessions of A Decoratively Challenged

Been at home full time for about 4 months now.
Ordering galore from all that's available.
Dusting, sweeping, doing the dishes.
Trying to slip in a hobby or two.

There have been changes.

Moving around furniture.
Rearranging the cupboards. 
Reordering the fridge.
Making space for quarantining grocery.

I noticed a thing.

I have cushion covers that have nothing in common with the curtains.
They have nothing in common with each other either for that matter.
The bedsheet and pillow cover are never from the same set.
Wine glasses have no pair.
Cups have no saucers.
Spoons don't match.
Forks are in all different sizes.
I have tried to move things from display to drawers, mostly to escape from dusting them.
I am ok with a clean messy home, mostly because it's not a hotel room.

And then I noticed this.

I would rather people had a good time laughing  than having to look at collectibles.
I would rather they break into a dance than be careful about what they might fall onto.
I would rather they spill without worrying how expensive the linen is.
I would laugh at a tipsy human break a glass than stress out about an incomplete set.
I would rather people eat in peace, than be nervous about cutlery.
I would like cake in all rooms on birthdays than a sophisticated dinner.
Any decibel level is ok.
Any mood is ok.
Entertain or Annoy.
Laugh or Cry.

You might have to sit on the floor,
It's clean.
But it'll be fun,
You'll see.

No comments: